Sunday, October 21, 2012

Website



I was writing the copy for a friends wikipedia page last week, and either out of curiosity or sheer boredom decided to google myself. All of a sudden heavy death metal is blaring and a shockingly bikini-clad, obviously steroid pushing female wrestler sitting suggestively on a motorcycle popped up on my screen. What's worse- just above the spread eagle muscle mama flamed the burning letters "KATIE KENNEDY".

So in a state of pure and utter shock I rushed to godaddy and purchased the right to my domain name. I had no other choice.

Prior to this horrific experience, I was one of those people that thought personal webpages are reserved for the desperate and self-centered. But let's face it - our whole lives are online now. Don't pretend you're not updating - I see you. From the last time you hung out with your dog to what you had for breakfast, I see it all hunnie. It's not going away- everyday the internet becomes more a part of our lives. So go ahead, google yourself. Trust me, you would want to know if your google doppelganger is a worldwide amateur wrestling skank.

Once you've managed your personal google sleaze factor, check out my page. Websites are a great way for the self-employed to position ourselves and advertise experience in the industry, and for you to find the right smart ambitious girl to represent your line. Coco Rocha advocates what she calls "self-branding" for girls and rightfully so. If you have a chance her page is pretty awesome too. So open up your eyes- this is 2012. "Just a pretty face doesn't cut it anymore, they want to know more about you."

Well lookie here, here I am! www.katiekennedy.com

follow me @yesmissscarlett on twitter, instagram, and tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment